Thursday, January 19, 2006

Around and Around

So it seems that some people think I can't stay in the states for more than 6 months at a time. But contrary to popular believe I'm actually really looking forward to spending time in The States. (Though I loathe staying in the same country as our president, I've managed not to be for a little less than 1/2 of each term) I am really looking forward to finally seeing everyone I haven't for the last 4ish years (or more in some cases). Spending time with my Nephews, Jordan and Daniel. Finally seeing my sister Mychelle and having Holidays at home. As well as catching up with all my friends (An extra thanks to those of you who have facilitated our reunion by staying within easy driving distance-though petrol prices are still really scary)

Granted I give it a year (or less) before I start looking for summer internships and programs anywhere but within The States. And if I am not accepted into Med School this year I will be applying to some pretty cool programs abroad (Columbia-Ben Gurion mainly). Plus there are many more countries that I have to rule out for places to find good men. (Of the places I visited in Africa only South Africa and MAYBE Ghana get a second chance, don't even ask about India).

An MPH takes two years. So I'll be around (for a while at least)
I get back July 2nd. Landing in Ciny Airport around Noon.

No comments: